Cramer Rosenthal McGlynn, LLC’s (“CRM”) primary client goal is to protect your privacy. This privacy notice contains our policies relating to nonpublic information of clients, prospective clients and former clients.
In the conduct of our business, we may collect nonpublic, personal information from you and other sources such as:
- Information reported by you in investment management agreements, subscription documents, purchase applications and any other related documents or forms you filled out and sent to us in connection with your account;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others (such as purchases, sales, account balances and average costs);
- Information used to verify your identity;
- Information about any bank account you use for transfers between your bank account and your CRM accounts; and
- Information we receive about you or your accounts as a result of your inquiries by mail, e-mail or telephone.
CRM does not share or disclose any nonpublic, personal information about its current or former customers, except as permitted by law, in order to service your account. We will also release information about you if you direct us to do so, if we are compelled to do so by law, or in connection with a government request or investigation.
In addition, in order to comply with state and federal laws, including anti-money laundering requirements, any information you provide in connection with your account is subject to verification by CRM or a third party vendor contracted by us for this purpose, or both.
Other Shared Information
So that we can complete transactions you authorize or request and so that we can provide you information about CRM products, services and funds, we may disclose information we collect about you to companies that provide services to us, such as transfer agents or printers and mailers that prepare and distribute materials to you. Those companies are authorized to use that information only to perform services for which CRM hired them, and are not permitted to use or disclose that information for any other purpose. All of the information we collect may be shared among CRM and its affiliates or related persons, all of which are engaged in the financial services business.
CRM will internally safeguard your nonpublic, personal information by restricting access to only those employees who provide products or services to you or those who need access to your information to service your account. In addition, we will maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and/or state standards to guard your nonpublic, personal information.
What You Can Do
To protect your nonpublic, personal information, we recommend that you do not provide your account information or CRM’s user name and password to anyone. If you become aware of any suspicious activity relating to your account, please contact us immediately at 212-838-3830.
This Privacy Notice relates to the following entities:
Cramer Rosenthal McGlynn, LLC
CRM Mutual Fund Trust